SOD-20 | Overdrive Pedal
Let's Go for a(n) (Over)Drive.
Our SOD-20 Overdrive is our take on the classic Vacuum Tube/Valve Overdrive effect. In a traditional tube amp, when you push the tubes beyond their normal limit, they begin to produce signal clipping and harmonics that go from warm to hot-driven depending on how far you want to push them. On the SOD-20, we give you a selector switch that lets you choose between Warm & Hot tube parameters. Within those parameters, you can adjust Tone, Gain, and Volume independently via the weighted knobs. Whether you want to mimic a Warm Tube drive or a Hot Tube drive, the SOD-20 can help you get there.
- Classic Overdrive Tones
- Natural Tube Amp Style Sounds
- True Bypass Provides Transparent Tone in Off Setting
- Toggle Switches Selects Hot Mode or Warm Mode
- Level Knob Controls the Overall Pedal Volume
- Tone Knob Adjusts the Brightness of the Pedal
- Gain Knob Adjusts the amount of Overdrive
- Solid Aluminum Housing with Firm Foot Switch
- Dimensions: 3.75 L x 1.77 W x 1.9H Inches
- 9VDC Input (- center, + outside), 10 mA
- 520K Ohms Input Impedance
- 12K Ohms Output Impedance
- 8mA Working Current
- .53 lbs (including box)
- Solid Aluminum Housing on All Sides
- 1/4 Inch Input and Output Connectors
The CNZ Audio Red Overdrive Pedal perfectly emulates those warm, natural sounds you’d find in an over-driven tube amp. It provides a classic and distinct tone while maintaining the nuances of your playing style!
The Mode switch allows for a choice between two different settings for your pedal. Want a tighter, punchier, higher gain sound? Flip the Toggle Switch to Hot Mode. If you’re look for a smoother more classical over-driven sound, Warm Mode is the setting for you.
The Level knob simply allows for the output from this pedal to be easily changed by the user. Turn it up for a solo, or kick it back for a more subtle overdrive effect!
The Gain adjusts the overall amount of overdrive in your effect. Turning the Gain Knob Clockwise increases the amount of overdrive and expands it’s fullness and saturation.
Turning the knob the opposite direction will provide for a more articulate boost.
The Tone Knob changes the EQ of the pedal. Adding more Tone by turning the Knob clockwise will add more Brightness and high-end Clarity to your Signal. Turn the Tone Knob down to allow for a more mid-range tone! Inspire Your Music with CNZ Audio!