SCP | Compressor Pedal
Great Sounding Compression Made Easy
Compression pedals are probably the most misunderstood of all guitar pedals. When used properly, it shouldn't even be noticed as an effect. A Compressor is best thought of as a smoothing and thickening agent for your tone and dynamics. Much like a noise gate, it is a signal attenuating effect. However, whereas the noise gate cuts signal below a certain threshold, the Compressor impacts signal above a threshold. The Compressor aims to keep your dynamics (post-threshold) within a certain range. Signal louder than the threshold will be lowered, and signals below it will be untouched. This effect not only evens your dynamics, it also helps improve sustain and tone body. Our SCP Compressor uses Optical Compression Technology. Optical Compression uses a light source and optical resistor to adjust your signal volume. Optical Compression is known for its smooth qualities and transparent, natural attack.
- Normal & Treble Toggle Switch Settings
- Value Knob Controls Compression Ratio
- Tone Adjustment Knob Controls Post-Compressor Tone
- Comp Knob Adjusts Compressor Range
- Metallic Blue with Compression Music Graphics
- Solid Aluminum Housing with Firm Foot Switch
- Weighted Control Knobs with Indicator
- Red LED for On/Off Indication
- Dimensions: 3.75 L x 1.77 W x 1.9H Inches
- 9VDC Input (- center, + outside), 10 mA
- 470K Ohms Input Impedance
- 470 Ohms Output Impedance
- .53 lbs (including box)
- Solid Aluminum Housing on All Sides
- 1/4 Inch Input and Output Connectors
The Compressor Guitar Effects Pedal from CNZ Audio provides great compression effects in a mini package. With broad reaching tones, enhancing effects and an additional booster effect, this is a great choice for any pedal board.
The Value Knob addresses the overall output of the pedal. Much like a volume control, this knob will allow you to adjust the amount of compression effect you want in your mix.
The Toggle switch gives two options. Switch between normal and treble and with use of the Tone knob, you can hit every single spectrum of sound.
The Tone knob allows you to change the tone of the output of the compressor effect. Increasing tone will bring out a more high end sound with more aggressive attack while reducing tone will bring a lower end softer tone.
The Comp knob will let you adjust how much of the compressor affect is in your mix. Much like a gain knob, you have the opportunity to dial in a lot of compression or a little. At any rate, this compressor will allow you to find the perfect amount of enhancement for your sound.