SNG-20 | Noise Gate Pedal
Let The Quiet Moments Be Quiet Moments.
The SNG-20 Noise Gate is the guardian of your signal. Noise Gates are kind of like Compressors in the fact that they attenuate signal. Whereas Compressors attenuate signals above a threshold (to even-out dynamics and attack in an audio signal) a Noise Gate attenuates signals below a threshold. This allows you to keep unwanted hum, buzz, and other noise out of your mix. On the SNG-20, you'll see one main knob labeled Threshold. Adjusting this knob clockwise (toward +10dB) you raise the threshold. Counterclockwise adjustment lowers the threshold. The higher the threshold, the higher your signal needs to be to open the gate. The toggle switch on the top adjusts the attack of the Noise Gate. Setting to Hard makes the attack and release very quick/sudden. Setting to Soft will give the attack and release more of a "fade-in-fade-out" quality.
- Attenuates Unwanted Noise in Your Signal
- True Bypass Provides Transparent Tone in Off Setting
- Toggle Switch adjusts Hard and Soft Attack & Release
- Threshold Knob Controls the Signal Level you Want to Cut Out
- Solid Aluminum Housing with Firm Foot Switch
- Dimensions: 3.75 L x 1.77 W x 1.9H Inches
- 9VDC Input (- center, + outside), 10 mA
- 470K Ohms Input Impedance
- 470 Ohms Output Impedance
- .53 lbs (including box)
- Solid Aluminum Housing on All Sides
- 1/4 Inch Input and Output Connectors